Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Silky Again (WITH PICS)!

So after the conditioner buildup debacle, I finally went back (later that weekend) and rewashed to get all the buildup out. This time I blow dried & flat ironed....and I LOVE it! My hair is shiny and swangin!!! I tried to search & destroy some of the splits & knots on my ends, but I gave up somewhere around the back of my head. I actually had VERY few splits, but the knots were another story. I'm still snipping here and there when I see some, so maybe by the time I wash again, all of my bad ends will be gone!

I'm definitely going to be rocking this look until it gets too warm again.

ETA: Here's the process I followed...

1) washed with Ion Straightening Shampoo (I lathered & rinsed twice)

2) deep conditioned with Lustrasilk Cholesterol...it was a mix of about 95% Shea Butter Cholesterol & 5% Aloe Vera Cholesterol, covered w/ saran wrap, and sat under the dryer for about 20 min, then rinsed

3) protein conditioned with Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor, and rinsed

4) towel dried

4) applied Garnier Fructis sleek & shine leave-in conditioner, then a heat protectant spray

5) separated my hair into 4 sections, secured each in a bantu knot, and sat under the dryer for another 20 min or so (just to remove some of the moisture, and cut down some of the blow drying time)

6) blow dried each section

7) flat ironed each section

....and voila!

1 comment:

Angelisa said...

Girl I'm tryin' to follow ya but I can't find the tab on your page? Help!